Saturday, January 22

Sweet Treats

I submitted this for my Focus52 project for the week. The prompt for this week was "cold". This might not seem like it has anything to do with cold but making these treats was how we entertained ourselves on a snow day so there you go...that fits, right?!  *hehe*  But actually I have to admit that my intentions ARE suspect. I did another layout today (see below) which fit better with my project objectives, but this is the one I submitted because....well...I liked the pictures.  Yep, vanity at its best.

To be honest, we're at week 3 and I'm hitting a wall.  Is that a good sign or a bad sign?  Here's the deal: I'm pretty sure I'm a better photographer than scrapbooker...and it's frustrating. I feel like my layouts are kind of dull and they're all the same. But if I try to get too "artsy" with them, it just doesn't feel authentic.  I dunno.  I tell myself that if nothing else, the story is getting told, and that's what matters, right?


Sweet Treats, originally uploaded by hezro.

8 comments:

Angie said...

Your photos are gorgeous! Mouth watering in fact. I love your layout because your photos shine. I know I'm a better photographer than scrapper and I'm OK with that. Now I let the photo be the star and I spend my scrapping time shooting. It was a good compromise for me :)

Anonymous said...

These are lovely pictures... I think you're right... not every scrapbook page has to be a work of art--it's important to just make the record. And then sometimes you'll be truly inspired. I also think your layouts are probably better than you think--we are so harsh with ourselves!

LadyHAHA said...

awww you made me drool on my keyboard! (slurp)

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure about your scrapbooking skills (I don't know anything about scrapbooking except the old-fashioned scotch tape stuff to a page kind) but I definitely think you're an amazing photographer. These are beautiful!

Jan said...

Gorgeous shots. Mouth watering for sure.
I've already told you I think it's awesome that your doing pages for your project. I love that. We hit a wall with every creative outlet at times. It passes. And who knows what the year brings, right?
Remember, this is a project to sharpen, improve, learn your skills. I'd say that doubt and second guessing probably goes hand in hand with that sometimes ;)

I love this, and your goals, for what it's worth.
xoxo

CP said...

Oh, all of that looks delish! I hit a wall with "cold" too. But, this weeks prompt is "play"...and I think we can have a lot more fun with that one, don't you think?

Li + Belle said...

oh yummie.:)this are wonderful shots of sweeties.

sharin said...

Those are great shots and your layout is mouthwateringly good. (I totally think that should be a word! ;-))

Another memory documented.
Done
I like it.

Sharon