Thursday, January 3

Chat Exchange with Kiersten

Kiersten got a laptop for Christmas. Not only did she get a laptop, she got a PINK laptop. As you might imagine, she was super excited.

Heather Engen Photography: Jan 2013

Santa was feeling particularly generous towards Kiersten this year, since she's had a rough go of it, these last few weeks. As I mentioned in our holiday letter, she ended up with a crazy auto-immune disorder called HSP.  The doctor had said that worst case scenario, it would take about six weeks for it to run its course.  Well guess who was sick for six weeks?  Yup, you guessed it, Kiersten. Poor girl.  And actually she was sick before that, which is how she ended up with the auto-immune disorder in the first place.  So right when it seemed she was *finally* over the HSP hurdle, she came down with something else.  Now, whatever that was, has turned into a nasty cough so today we visited the doctor yet again.  (By the way, the doctor suspects that last week's bug was the flu, which I'll admit is what I was thinking at the time. Thankfully so far the rest of us seem to have dodged that bullet!) 

I think her immune system is weakened by this HSP thing so now she's super vulnerable. I feel so bad for her.  I was only half joking when I told the doctor I'm ready to throw one of my other kids under the sickness bus.

Heather Engen Photography: Jan 2013

So yeah, it's no wonder that Dwight and I have an especially tender spot for Kiersten in our hearts right now...which is probably why she ended up with a laptop under that tree.

 Heather Engen Photography: Jan 2013

Ever since she got it, she's been sending us the sweetest e-mails and chat messages.  Read this exchange and tell me your heart doesn't melt a little after you read it.

Three days ago:
8:02 PM Kiersten: Will i ever get better? :(
8:05 PM me: Yes, of course

Tonight:
7:03 PM Kiersten: it  dos not seem like it.
7:07 PM me: Yes, I can understand why you feel that way.  I'm sorry Kiki.  I hope you feel better soon.
7:07 PM Kiersten: my nose get's so runny( sniff sniff) i can not help it.
7:07 PM me: I'm sorry sweetie!!

No comments: